Open as PDF
A. IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
1. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS - This manual contains important
safety and operating instructions for battery charger Models.
MODELS: #2, CM-1, SE-82-6, SE-83, SE-84, SE-86, SE-1010, SE-1010-2,
SE-1015, MC-1, WS-63, WS-84, WS-86, WS-212, WS-1010, WS-1015,
Also models SEC-1, SE-82-6, SEC-84, SEC-86, SEC-1010, SEC-1010-2,
A BATTERY CHARGER RECEIVES AC POWER FROM THE ELECTRIC OUTLET, AND
DELIVERS DC CURRENT TO THE BATTERY.
2. Before using battery charger, read all instructions and cautionary markings on (1)
battery charger, (2) battery and (3) product using battery.
3. CAUTION - To reduce risk of injury, charge only lead acid type rechargeable batteries.
Other types of batteries may burst causing personal injury and damage.
4. Use of an attachment not recommended or sold by the battery charger manufacturer
may result in a risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
5. To reduce risk of damage to electric plug and cord, pull by plug rather than cord when
6. Make sure cord is located so that it will not be stepped on, tripped over, or otherwise
subjected to damage or stress.
7. An extension cord should not be used unless absolutely necessary. Use of improper
extension cord could result in a risk of fire and electric shock. If extension cord must
be used, make sure:
(a) That pins on plug of extension cord are the same number, size and shape as those
of plug on charger;
(b) That extension cord is properly wired and in good electrical condition; and
(c) That wire size is large enough for AC ampere rating of charger as specified below
AC INPUT RATING, AMPERES AWG SIZE OF CORD
Equal to or but less than Length of Cord, Feet
Greater than 25 50 100 150
0 2 18 18 18 18
2 3 18 18 16 14
3 4 18 18 16 14
8. Do not operate charger with damaged cord or plug - replace them immediately.
9. Do not operate charger if It has received a sharp blow, been dropped, or otherwise
damaged in any way; take it to a qualified service man.
10. Do not disassemble charger; take it to a qualified serviceman when service or repair
is required. Incorrect reassembly may result in a risk of electric shock or tire.
11. To reduce risk of electric shock, unplug charger from outlet before attempting any
maintenance or cleaning. Turning off controls will not reduce this risk.
B. WARNING - RISK OF EXPLOSIVE GASES
1. WORKING IN VICINITY OF A LEAD-ACID BATTERY IS DANGEROUS. BATTERIES
GENERATE EXPLOSIVE GASES DURING NORMAL BATTERY OPERATION. FOR THIS
REASON, IT IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE THAT EACH TIME BEFORE USING YOUR
CHARGER, YOU READ THIS MANUAL AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION EXACTLY.
Send Warranty Product Repairs to: 1025 E. Thompson Ave., Hoopeston, IL 60942-0280.
Call Customer Service if you have questions: 1-800-621-5485
801 BUSINESS CENTER DRIVE • MOUNT PROSPECT, ILLINOIS 60056-2179