Open as PDF
Reference Manual for the Model FVS318 Cable/DSL ProSafe VPN Firewall
Virtual Private Networking 6-13
14. IKE Life Time - Default is 28800 seconds (8 hours).
A shorter time increases security, but users will be temporarily disconnected upon
15. Click Apply to enter the SA into the table.
Installing the VPN Client Software
Note: Use Windows98 Second Edition or a later release of Windows with this VPN Client
To install and configure the Secure VPN Client, follow the instructions below:
1. Purchase and download the Secure VPN Client installation software to your PC and
decompress it using an unzip utility such as WinZip.
2. Go to the folder where you saved the installation files and run SETUP.EXE.
You may need to insert your Windows CD to complete the installation.
If you do not have a modem or dial-up adapter installed in your PC, you may see the warning
message stating “The SafeNet VPN Component requires at least one dial-up adapter be
installed.” You can disregard this message.
3. You may have the option to install either or both of the VPN Adapter or the IPSec Component.
Install the IPSec Component. The VPN Adapter is not necessary.
4. Reboot your PC after installing the client software.