Open as PDF
Reference Manual for the Model FVS318 Cable/DSL ProSafe VPN Firewall
Virtual Private Networking 6-15
From the Edit menu at the top of the Security Policy Editor window, click Add, then Connection.
A ”New Connection” listing will appear in the list of policies..
1. Click and rename the “New Connection” list item to a descriptive name such as “SantaClara”
2. In the Connection Security box on the right side of the Security Policy Editor window, select
3. In the ID Type menu, select IP Subnet.
4. In the Subnet field, type the network address of the FVS318’s LAN. The network address is
usually the LAN IP Address of the FVS318 with the last character set to 0.
This address will usually be 192.168.0.0.
5. In the Mask field, type the LAN Subnet Mask of the FVS318
This will usually be 255.255.255.0.
6. In the Protocol menu, Select All to allow all traffic through the VPN tunnel.
7. Check the Connect using Secure Gateway Tunnel checkbox.
8. In the ID Type menu below the checkbox, select IP Address.
9. Enter the public WAN IP Address of the FVS318 in the field directly below the ID Type menu.
Configure the Security Policy
These settings do not depend on your network information.