Open as PDF
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
1. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS - This manual contains
important safety and operating instructions for battery
charger Models: SE-520MA, SE-5212A and SE-1275A.
A BATTERY CHARGER RECEIVES AC POWER FROM
THE ELECTRIC OUTLET AND DELIVERS DC CUR-
RENT TO THE BATTERY.
2. Before using battery charger, read all instructions and
cautionary markings on (1 ) battery charger, (2) battery
and (3) product using battery.
3. CAUTION - To reduce risk of injury, charge only lead
acid type rechargeable batteries: Other types of batter-
ies may burst causing personal injury and damage.
4. Do not expose to rain or snow.
5. Use of an attachment not recommended or sold by the
battery charger manufacturer may result in a risk of fire,
electric shock, or injury to persons.
6. To reduce risk of damage to electric plug and cord, pull
by plug rather than cord when disconnecting charger.
7. Make sure cord is located so that it will not be stepped
on, tripped over, or otherwise subjected to damage or
8. An extension cord should not be used unless absolutely
necessary. Use of improper extension cord could result
in a risk of fire and electric shock. If extension cord must
be used, make sure:
(a) That pins on plug of extension cord are the same
number, size and shape as those of plug on charger;
(b) That extension cord is properly wired and in good
(c) That wire size is large enough for AC ampere rating of
charger as specified below:
AC INPUT RATING, AMPERES AWG SIZE OF CORD
Equal to or but less than Length of Cord, Feet
Greater than 25 50 100 150
0 2 18 18 18 16
2 3 18 18 18 14
6 8 18 16 12 10
9. Do not operate charger with damaged cord or plug -
replace it immediately.
10. Do not operate charger if it has received a sharp blow,
been dropped or otherwise damaged in any way; take it
to a qualified serviceman.
11. Do not disassemble charger; take it to a qualified
serviceman when service or repair is required. Incorrect
reassembly may result in a risk of electric shock or fire.
12. To reduce risk of electric shock, unplug charger from
outlet before attempting any maintenance or cleaning.
Turning off controls will not reduce this risk.
Read Rules for Safe Operation and Instructions Carefully
Working in vicinity of a lead-acid battery is dangerous. Batteries generate explosive gases during normal
battery operation. For this reason, it is of utmost importance that each time before using your charger, you
read this manual and follow the instructions exactly.
Important Safety Instructions
WARNING: Handling the cord on this product or cords associated with accessories sold with this product, will expose you to lead, a
chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Wash hands after handling.
SE-520MA 2/10 Amp 12 Volt
SE-5212A 2/10/50 Amp 12 Volt
SE-1275A 2/12/75 Amp 12 Volt
SCHUMACHER ELECTRIC CORPORATION
801 BUSINESS CENTER DRIVE • MOUNT PROSPECT, ILLINOIS 60056-2179
Send Warranty Product Repairs to: 1025 E. Thompson, Hoopeston, IL 60942-0280
Call Customer Service if you have questions: 1-800-621-5485