Open as PDF
Reference Manual for the Model FVS318 Cable/DSL ProSafe VPN Firewall
2-6 Setting Up the Hardware
Connecting the Power Adapter
To connect the firewall to the power adapter:
1. Plug the connector of the power adapter into the power adapter outlet on the rear panel of the
2. Plug the other end of the adapter into a standard wall outlet.
3. Turn the Power switch to the ON position.
4. Verify that the Power LED on the firewall is lit.
After applying power to the firewall, complete the following steps to verify the connections to it:
1. When power is first applied, verify that the POWER LED is on.
2. Verify that the TEST LED turns on within a few seconds.
3. After approximately 10 seconds, verify that:
a. The TEST LED has turned off.
b. The LOCAL LINK/ACT LEDs are lit for any local ports that are connected.
c. The INTERNET LINK/ACT LED is lit.
If a LINK/ACT LED is lit, a link has been established to the connected device.
4. If any LOCAL port is connected to a 100 Mbps device, verify that the 100 LED for that port is
The firewall is now properly attached to the network. Next, you need to prepare your network to
access the Internet through the firewall. See the following chapter.