Open as PDF
H.E.R.O. INDUSTRIES LTD. 1100MD OWNERS MANUAL - “B” VERSION
HYDRAPULSE MEMBRANE REPLACEMENT
( REF# 46 - KIT )
-1/4" Allen wrench
-1/2" Open end wrench (2)
-4-45-3 (accessory item)
1. Remove the eight bolts securing the material head (ref# 27) to the hydraulic head (ref# 51).
2. Remove the material head cushion (ref# 28) and replace with the new one supplied.
3. Place a container under pump to catch hydraulic oil.
4. Gently pull hydrapulse membrane to separate it from the hydraulic head.
5. Remove the nut (ref# 50) on the hydrapulse membrane stem in order to separate the hydrapulse
membrane from the hydraulic plastic horn (ref# 47), hydrapulse membrane spring (ref# 48), and spring
locator (ref# 49).
6. Clean all parts.
1. Place hydraulic plastic horn over the new hydrapulse membrane.
2. Position the spring in the bore of the plastic horn.
3. Install the spring locator over the hydrapulse membrane stem and into the spring. Thread the jam nut
(ref# 50 - new one provided) onto the stem.
4. Tighten the jam nut until a measurement of 1-5/16” is obtained. The measurement is taken from the
top of the hydraulic horn (ref# 47) to the top of the spring locator ( ref# 49). See diagram above.
5. Check the assembly. The spring must be positioned in the bore of the plastic horn on one end and over
the shoulder of the spring locator on the other end. Any stem material protruding past the nut may be
ground off ( stem should be just past flush with nut )
6. Place the hydrapulse membrane assembly back into the hydraulic head.
7. Re-install the material head with the eight bolts. Torque to 30 ft. lbs.
8. Refill hydraulic oil tank and "PURGE" system following instructions on page 16.
9. Prime the pump with solvent or water and bring the pump up to full pressure (approximately 2500 psi.).
Run the pump on standby ( not triggering gun ) for about 20 minutes, to “break-in” new membrane.
10. Installation is now complete and the pump is ready for use.