Open as PDF
H.E.R.O. INDUSTRIES LTD. 1100MD OWNERS MANUAL - “B” VERSION
1. Remove pressure control knob, (ref# 71) and pull P.C. stem, (ref# 74) out to
internal stop, thereby releasing hydraulic pressure.
2. Trigger gun to release pressure from the material side of pump.
3. Disconnect outgo tee assembly, (ref# 43) from outgo swivel, (ref# 40) on
the outgo valve.
4. Remove outgo valve from machine by turning counter clockwise.
5. Invert valve and secure upper part of valve, (ref# 39) in vise.
6. Remove lower half of valve, (ref# 33).
7. Remove crush washer, (ref# 34), seat, (ref# 35), ball, (ref# 36), cage, (ref#
37) and spring, (ref# 38). Clean and inspect all parts for wear. Replace any
8. Apply Teflon tape to threads of outgo upper body.
9. Place spring, large end first, into outgo body. Spring should fit into slot
machined into tunnel.
10. Place cage onto spring, with open end up.
NOTE: Cage should be open so that it drags down the sides of the tunnel
during installation. If closed too much it will trap the ball and cause
pulsation in spray pattern.
11. Place ball into cage.
12. Install seat, beveled side down to ball. Seat should fit snugly into outgo
body. Press on seat to ensure it will compress until it is flush with outgo
body. Release slowly to ensure the parts do not dislodge themselves.
13. Place crush washer on seat. Replace crush washer if badly crushed.
14. Thread outgo lower onto outgo upper until finger tight. Tighten 1/2 turn with
wrench. NOTE: Teflon tape or pipe sealant should be used.
15. Attach repaired valve to machine, installing a new crush washer, (ref# 31)
following steps 3-4 in reverse order.
* To check the ball for wear, place against a new seat and check sealing edge
against a bright light.
* A used seat may be checked in a similar manner using a new ball. Replace
used part if light pass at sealing edge.