Open as PDF
H.E.R.O. INDUSTRIES LTD. 1100MD OWNERS MANUAL - “B” VERSION
FLUSHING THE UNIT AT SHUTDOWN
OR COLOR CHANGE
If shutting down for a short period of time, it is sufficient to trigger the gun to
relieve pressure. Then set the safety lock on gun to "locked" position with the
gun locked closed and immerse the gun in a container of the correct thinner for
the paint you are spraying.
If shutting down at job completion, for the night, or to change colors;
1. Turn pressure control knob counter clockwise to low pressure setting.
2. Switch unit “OFF”. Remove spray tip from gun and trigger gun back into
paint tank. Direct against side of tank.
3. Remove and discard strainer bag.
4. To remove any remaining paint from the paint tank, tip unit as shown and
pour into original container. Allow plastic liner to fall into container. Remove
and discard liner.
5. Upright unit and add one(1) gallon of the correct thinner, for the paint being
used, to the paint tank.
6. Re-start unit and trigger gun back into the paint tank. Direct against the sides
of the tank. Use the stream to clean the sides and bottom. Circulate the thinner
for several minutes.
7. Remove dirty thinner, per step 4 and repeat steps 5 & 6 with fresh thinner.
Trigger gun into waste container until tank runs dry.
8. Repeat procedure using a gallon of pre-mixed H.E.R.O. Equipment Wonder
Wash solution. If not using Wonder Wash, unit must not be stored with
water. Only store with a non corrosive material ( Paint thinner, solvent ).
9. Switch unit "off" and trigger gun to relieve remaining pressure.
10. Remove and rinse gun handle filter in correct thinner.
SPECIAL STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS
In areas where the sprayer is NOT used 12 months of the year, special preparations
must be used for winter or off season storage. Because solvents evaporate quickly,
they should not be used for long term storage. A petroleum based solution ( solvent
and oil ) should be used as an extended storage material. DO NOT allow storage
solution to freeze in the sprayer.
H.E.R.O. Equipment Wonder Wash, available from your H.E.R.O. distributor,
will provide the added cleaning benefits of solvent at a much lower cost. Suitable
as a short term ( 1-2 days ) storage solution only