Open as PDF
READ THESE NOTES AND
WARNINGS BEFORE YOU
TART TO CLEAN YOUR
• When using latex paints, clean
your sprayer and components
using warm, soapy water.
When using oil-based paints,
use mineral spirits.
• Do not use mineral spirits on
latex paint, or the mixture will
turn into a jelly-like substance
which is difficult to remove.
• No matter which cleaning
solution you use, make sure to
dispose of it properly when
finished cleaning your sprayer.
• Thorough cleaning and
lubrication of the sprayer is
the most important step you
can take to ensure proper
operation after storage.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
REGARDING THE CLEANUP OF
Customer Service: 800-686-8525 10 © 2002 Wagner Spray Tech - All rights reserved.
PURGING THE PAINT HOSE
1. Lock the gun and remove spray tip
2. Submerge suction set into a bucket
with appropriate cleaning solution.
3. Hold the spray gun against the side of
the paint can and hold the trigger.
4. While holding the trigger, turn the
pump ON (l), and turn the
PRIME/SPRAY knob to SPRAY.
5. Release the trigger.
6. Hold the spray gun against the side of
a separate container and hold the
7. Trigger the gun until the fluid coming
out of the gun is clear.
8. Turn the PRIME/SPRAY knob to
PRIME and trigger gun once more to
9. Move on to Cleaning the Suction
Let the pump run until all paint is
purged from the hose and cleaning
solution is coming out of the gun.
These steps will allow you to
recover excess paint left over in the
CLEANING THE SUCTION SET
1. Lock the gun and turn
the pump OFF (O).
2. Remove the suction
hose and return tube
and clean it using the
3. When suction set is clean, thread the
suction tube back onto the inlet
valve, and replace the return tube
onto the return tube fitting. Replace
4. Submerge the suction set into a
bucket of NEW cleaning solution.
5. Turn the PRIME/SPRAY knob to
PRIME, turn the pump to ON (l), and
trigger the gun into a waste container
to relieve the pressure.
6. Let the pump circulate the cleaning
solution through the suction set for 2-
7. Turn the pump OFF (O).
8. Move on to Cleaning the Spray
Gun, next page.
You should also wipe the threads of
the inlet valve, and remove and
clean the suction set screen.
Special cleanup instructions for use with
• ALWAYS FLUSH SPRAY GUN AT
LEAST ONE HOSE LENGTH
AWAY FROM SPRAY PUMP.
• If collecting flushed solvents in
one gallon metal container, place
it into an empty five gallon
container, then flush.
• Area must be free from vapors.
• Follow all cleanup instructions.