Open as PDF
© 2002 Wagner Spray Tech - All rights reserved. 11 Customer Service: 800-686-8525
1. Make sure the pump is switched OFF (O), the
PRIME/SPRAY knob is turned to PRIME, and unplug the
2. Remove spray gun from the paint hose using adjustable
3. Remove filter from spray gun (refer to Cleaning the
Spray Gun Filter, page 9).
4. Remove spray tip from spray guard assembly.
Continue cleaning instructions on next column
5 Clean spray tip and filter with a soft-bristled brush and the
appropriate cleaning solution. Be sure to remove and
clean the washer and saddle seat located in the rear of
the spray tip assembly.
6. Reassemble spray gun:
• install gun filter tapered-end first, and
• install spray tip, saddle seat and washer, and replace
spray guard assembly.
7. Thread the spray gun back onto the paint hose. Tighten
with a wrench.
If you used oil-based paints, you must flush the pump
again using warm, soapy water to prepare it for
storage. Repeat Cleaning the Suction Set
CLEANING THE SPRAY GUN FILTER AND TIP ASSEMBLY