Open as PDF
Air Cap/Nozzle/Resistor Stud
6. Trigger the gun while installing the fluid nozzle (21)
and resistor stud (22) assembly with the multi-tool
(62). Tighten until the fluid nozzle seats in the gun
7. Install the air cap assembly (1, 2, 8). Test the gun
resistance as instructed on page 21.
Apply a very light coat of lubricant
Tighten 1/8 to 1/4 turn past hand tight
Torque to 10 in-lbs (1.12 NSm)
1. Prepare the gun for service as instructed on page
1. Remove the air cap, nozzle and resistor stud as
instructed on page 24.
2. Unscrew and remove the fluid needle/electrode
(20) with the multi-tool (62). Hold the needle shaft
end to prevent it from turning. See Fig. 13.
Be careful not to damage the contact wire when
removing the electrode from the gun.
3. Apply low-strength (purple) Loctiter or equivalent
thread sealant to the electrode and needle shaft
threads. Install the electrode finger-tight. Do not
To avoid damaging the plastic threads or contact
wire, be very careful when installing the electrode.
4. Install the fluid nozzle, resistor stud, and air cap
assembly as instructed at left.
5. Test the gun resistance as instructed on page 21.
Apply low-strength (purple) Loctite or equivalent to needle shaft