Open as PDF
DSL-G684T Wireless ADSL Router User Guide
3. From the drop-down menu, select an Authentication Type: Open, Shared, or Both.
4. Select a key by clicking a radio button on the left, select an encryption level from the drop-down menu on the
right, and then enter the proper-length key. (Key length is outlined at the bottom of the window.)
5. Click Apply.
Notice If encryption of any kind, at any level is applied to the Router, all devices on the
network must comply with all security measures.
Some network-security experts now recommend that wireless networks use 802.1X security measures to overcome
some weaknesses in standard WEP applications. A RADIUS server is used to authenticate all potential users. Configure
• Server IP Address: Enter the IP address of the Radius server.
• Port: Enter a port number, or accept the default.
• Secret: Enter a password (1-63 character).
• Group Key Interval: Time (in seconds) after which the Group Key is changed automatically (1-99999).
Notice The values needed for the above entries can be obtained from your Internet Service