Open as PDF
DSL-G684T Wireless ADSL Router User Guide
2. Under the ATM VC Settings at the top of the window should not be changed unless you have been instructed
to change them. However, if you are instructed to change the VPI or VCI values, type in the values assigned
for your account. Leave the PVC and Virtual Circuit setting at the default (Pcv0 and Enabled) values for now.
This can be used later if you are configuring multiple virtual circuits for your ADSL service. For more
information on ATM VC Settings, see the table on page
3. Under the Bridge Mode heading, choose the Connection Type from the pull-down menu. This defines both
the connection type and encapsulation method used for your ADSL service. The available options are 1483
Bridged IP LLC and 1483 Bridged IP VC-Mux. If have not been provided specific information for the
Connection Type setting, leave the default setting.
4. Most users will not need to change ATM settings. If this is the first time you are setting up the ADSL
connection it is recommended that you leave the Service Category settings at the default values until you have
established the connection. See the table on page
42 for a description of the parameters available for ATM
5. When you are satisfied that all the WAN settings are configured correctly, click on the Apply button.
6. The new settings must be saved and the Router must be restarted for the settings to go into effect. To save and
reboot the Router, click on the Tools directory tab and then click the System button. In the System Settings
window, click the Save and Reboot button under Save Settings and Reboot the System.
7. Click OK when the following “Save and restart?” dialog box opens.
8. The Router will save the new settings and restart. Upon restarting the Router will automatically establish the