Open as PDF
Reference Manual for the Model FVS318 Cable/DSL ProSafe VPN Firewall
3. After approximately 10 seconds, verify that:
a. The Test LED is not lit.
b. The Local port LEDs are lit for any local ports that are connected.
c. The Internet port LED is lit.
If a port’s LED is lit, a link has been established to the connected device. If a Local port is
connected to a 100 Mbps device, verify that the port’s LED is green. If the port is 10 Mbps, the
LED will be amber.
If any of these conditions does not occur, refer to the appropriate following section.
Power LED Not On
If the Power and other LEDs are off when your firewall is turned on:
• Make sure that the power cord is properly connected to your firewall and that the power
supply adapter is properly connected to a functioning power outlet.
• Check that you are using the 12VDC power adapter supplied by NETGEAR for this product.
If the error persists, you have a hardware problem and should contact technical support.
Test LED Never Turns On or Test LED Stays On
When the firewall is turned on, the Test LED turns on for about 10 seconds and then turns off. If
the Test LED does not turn on, or if it stays on, there is a fault within the firewall.
If you experience problems with the Test LED:
• Cycle the power to see if the firewall recovers and the LED blinks for the correct amount of
If all LEDs including the Test LED are still on one minute after power up:
• Cycle the power to see if the firewall recovers.
• Clear the firewall’s configuration to factory defaults. This will set the firewall’s IP address to
192.168.0.1. This procedure is explained in “Using the Default Reset button“ on page 9-8.
If the error persists, you might have a hardware problem and should contact technical support.