Open as PDF
Reference Manual for the Model FVS318 Cable/DSL ProSafe VPN Firewall
6-18 Virtual Private Networking
1. In the Network Security Policy list on the left side of the Security Policy Editor window, click
on My Identity.
2. In the Select Certificate menu, choose None.
3. In the ID Type menu, select IP Address.
4. If you are using a “virtual fixed” IP address as discussed in “Configuring the Firewall“ on
page 6-10, enter this address in the Internal Network IP Address box. Otherwise, leave this
For this example, use 192.168.100.100.
5. In the Internet Interface box, select the adapter you use to access the Internet. Select PPP
Adapter in the Name menu if you have a dial-up Internet account. Select your Ethernet adapter
if you have dedicated Cable, ISDN or DSL line. You may also choose Any if you will be
switching between adapters or if you have only one adapter.
6. Click the Pre-Shared Key button.
7. In the Pre-Shared Key dialog box, click the Enter Key button.
8. Enter the FVS318's Pre-Shared Key and click OK. Note that this field is case sensitive.
Configure VPN Client Authentication Proposal
These settings do not depend on your network information.