Open as PDF
Reference Manual for the Model FVS318 Cable/DSL ProSafe VPN Firewall
2-4 Setting Up the Hardware
The Firewall’s Rear Panel
The rear panel of the FVS318 VPN Firewall (Figure 2-2) contains port connections.
Figure 2-2. FVS318 Rear Panel
The rear panel contains the following features:
• Power switch
• AC power adapter outlet
• Internet (WAN) Ethernet port for connecting the firewall to a cable or DSL modem
• Eight Local (LAN) Ethernet ports for connecting the firewall to the local PCs
• Factory Default Reset pushbutton
• Grounding terminal
Connecting the Firewall
Before using your firewall, you need to do the following:
• Connect your cable or DSL modem to the Internet port of the firewall (described next.
• Connect your local Ethernet network to the Local port(s) of the firewall (see page 2-5).
• Connect the power adapter (see page 2-6)
Note: The Resource CD included with your firewall contains an animated Connection Guide to
help you through this procedure.